Sunday, July 4, 2010

New Trumpet and Trumpet Case

I always kind of figured that I would need a C trumpet in college, and during my college audition, my then would-be professors confirmed this - I would eventually get one, if not before college, then during. 

Around the same time, our All State concert was coming up, and we were playing the Firebird Suite by Igor Stravinsky, which happened to be in the key of C for the trumpet. Now, previous to this, I had played plenty of pieces in different keys, C, Eb, F and such - all with my Bb trumpet. It's tedious to say the least. You have to transpose, either in your head or written on the music or on a new paper. But I had done it, and I will always have to do it.

But the concert gave me an excuse to finally get a C trumpet, so I used that excuse and took a trip to Boston where I tried out a bunch of C trumpets, picked the best one for me and now I have an awesome new trumpet. ^_^ During that trip, I also bought a trumpet case - a mega one. This thing can carry FOUR trumpets.

Anyway, my post is not about how great it is now that I have a C trumpet, but rather the small, hilarious (to me) inside joke that my friend(s) and I now share because one of my friends had to ask what was in my quad trumpet case.

"What's in there?" my friend asked.


I'm waiting for the day a stranger asks me the same question so I can do this..

No comments:

Post a Comment